Chapter FIVE - Drawn Thread Work / Part 1

This is a photo of a first collection of dyed cloth for drawn thread work. My colour scheme for this Module is green/red and the cloth was originally white and meant for Hardanger. I found this a bit unconfortable to work with, possibly there are too many threads in a cm even if they can be drawn quite easily. I think I am going to look for a less dense fabric for my next experiments! For the third sample I drew an increasing number of threads, for the last one I used the Fibonacci series from Module Two (I love it!)



Comments

  1. These are lovely Daniella.I first met Sian by doing her drawn thread work shop.It was great but she made us reweave every thread into the samples by the end!We used a loosely woven linen from Whaleys.
    Regards Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniela,
    I love the colours of your samples, they are very subtle. I don't think I will be able to come to Summer School next year, it's a very bad period of the year for me then as my daughters (15 and 16) are having most of their school tests and they still need me. (They're probably also spoilt) Maybe in two years... Did you go to the K&S in London this year? It was great.
    Ancora buona giornata.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts