Chapter 5 - Drawn Thread Work / Part 2

For my new experiments with drawn threadwork I chose this time a less densely woven fabric, a loose white linen cloth that I found in the curtain department which seemed to get rid of its threads by only looking at it. It also dyed very well, its only drawback being that it's a bit flimsy and easily distorted. Sample 1: threads partially withdrawn from sides, ends of threads knotted in bundles, bundles wrapped with coloured yarns, some areas reinforced by machine zigzagging
Sample 2: In this sample withdrawn threads have been rethreaded, additional fabrics and yarns darned on top, machine lines are used to strenghten the fabric
Sample 3: Threads loosely relooped, machine zigzag
Sample 4: Threads pulled from central area forming a tangle of loops

Comments

  1. I like these samples very much. Hope your weather in Roma is better than mine here in England. We had snow yesterday and it is very cold. Have a lovely Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniela, thanks for the comment on my beads! As always your work looks so attractive...you have an eye for design. Merry Xmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Daniela, I love the colours of these samples. Looks like a lot of work. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniela, I love these samples thay are so varied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving a comment on my book structures. 6 and 9 are exactly the shapes I'm looking at for my 'Embroidered panel'. Love the strong colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts